As an IBM Business Partner, Microway designs & builds fully-integrated systems and storage based upon proven IBM technologies. Leveraging decades of experience with HPC and technical computing challenges, our team will deliver the right configuration for your requirements.
IBM Power Systems Servers
IBM Power Systems offerings deliver the performance of the Power Architecture combined with innovations from the OpenPOWER Foundation ecosystem. Built on industry standards and incorporating community innovation, they offer an economical entry point, superior price/performance and a platform that scales with your needs.
Available Power Systems designs include:
- Intensive data processing (“Big Data”)
- Datacenter, Cloud & Commercial Computing
- High Performance Computing with CAPI & GPU acceleration
Our fully-integrated Power Systems are available with low-latency, high-bandwidth Mellanox InfiniBand interconnects. The HPC-focused models support NVIDIA Tesla GPU Accelerators.
Together with NVIDIA, Mellanox and others, IBM is collaborating to build open hardware, firmware and software systems. By sharing technologies and innovations, the OpenPOWER foundation serves a broad group of demanding datacenter and HPC consumers.
Unique features available in the latest IBM POWER CPU include:
- Up to 24 cores per POWER9 CPU
- Support for 4 hardware threads per core (up to 96 threads per socket)
- Up to 340GB/s sustained memory bandwidth per system
- CPU-GPU NVLink 2.0 (with >~5X the CPU-GPU bandwidth compared to x86 systems)
- Native PCI-Express generation 4.0 support
- CAPI 2.0 interface over PCI-E 4.0 for high-throughput, low-latency communication with FPGAs
- OpenCAPI interface for high-throughput, low-latency communication with Accelerators
A growing number of applications are already optimized for the Power Architecture. Developers may leverage the familiar open-source toolchains (based upon the GCC GNU Compiler Collection) or the optimized IBM XL C/C++ and Fortran compilers for Linux.
Our IBM POWER computing solutions arrive fully-configured and fit seamlessly into your existing infrastructure, enabling you to immediately begin solving problems.