Achieve a 26X Speedup with Tesla GPUs, CST STUDIO SUITE, and Microway
Microway’s NumberSmasher® GPU-accelerated platforms are now available pre-configured for CST STUDIO SUITE. These systems are convertible between 4U rackmount and tower configurations supporting NVIDIA Tesla K80 and K40 GPUs. They deliver accelerated performance in your office, lab or server room.
The high memory bandwidth and parallel processing abilities of GPUs provide signiﬁcant simulation speed advantages over conventional CPU computing. CST STUDIO SUITE supports GPU computing in the transient solver, integral equation solver, transmission line matrix (TLM) solver and particle-in-cell (PIC) solver, using NVIDIA Tesla® GPUs.
The above results were achieved by CST on a Microway NumberSmasher equipped with NVIDIA Tesla K40 and Tesla K80 GPUs. Adding a single K80 GPU reduces the runtime of the transient solver by more than 10X. A 4-GPU system runs over 26 times faster than one employing only CPUs. For benchmark results on other CST solvers – such as integral and particle-in-cell (PIC) – see CST STUDIO SUITE® GPU Benchmarks.
Need more compute power? Our NumberSmasher servers can be linked together via 56Gbps and 100Gbps InfiniBand to provide a powerful HPC cluster for CST STUDIO SUITE.
- Pre-configured for optimal performance of CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®
- Up to 4 NVIDIA Tesla K80 or K40 GPUs
- Professional NVIDIA Quadro for accelerated 3D visualization
- Up to 44 processor cores
- Up to 2 TB memory
- Up to 80 TB storage built-in, with optional hardware RAID
- (2) Intel Xeon E5-2600v4 “Broadwell” CPUs (clock speed: 2.2 GHz to 3.5 GHz)
- Quad-Channel DDR4 2400 MHz / 2133 MHz ECC/Registered Memory (16 slots)
- (8) 3.5″ 6Gbps hot-swap drive bays
- Four PCI-Express 3.0 x16 double-width slots
- Three additional PCI-Express slots (x8, x8, x4)
- Direct PCI-Express 3.0 links to CPUs (40 lanes per socket)
- Removable Storage:
- CD, DVD Read / Write / Re-Write (optional Blu-Ray)
- Front and rear USB 3.0 ports
- Two integrated Intel i350 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- IPMI 2.0 with Dedicated LAN Support
- 2000W 1+1 Redundant, High-Efficiency Power Supply
- ConnectX-4 100Gb InfiniBand, ConnectX-3 56Gb InfiniBand, or 10G / 40G Ethernet
- Hardware RAID support
- TPM 2.0, with optional TXT support
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS Linux
- Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 Pro, Windows Server 2012 R2
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your server(s) by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.
System Price: $12,000 to $40,000
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.