Improve Simulation Times on Large Electronic Structures with Tesla GPUs, CST STUDIO SUITE, and Microway
Microway’s NumberSmasher® GPU-accelerated servers provide a pre-configured platform for CST STUDIO SUITE. These systems are 4U rackmount servers supporting up to eight NVIDIA Tesla K80 or K40 GPUs (along with additional slots for networking, storage connectivity and professional Quadro graphics). They enable high-speed simulations of one to two billion mesh cells using CST’s Transient Solver (exact model size depends upon the particulars of the materials).
The high memory bandwidth and parallel processing abilities of GPUs provide signiﬁcant simulation speed advantages over conventional CPU computing. CST STUDIO SUITE supports GPU computing in the transient solver, integral equation solver, transmission line matrix (TLM) solver and particle-in-cell (PIC) solver, using NVIDIA Tesla® GPUs.
Need more compute power? Our NumberSmasher servers can be linked together via 56Gbps FDR InfiniBand to provide a powerful HPC cluster for CST STUDIO SUITE.
- Pre-configured for large electronic simulations with CST MICROWAVE STUDIO®
- Up to 8 NVIDIA Tesla K80 or K40 GPUs
- NVIDIA Quadro graphics for accelerated 3D visualization
- Up to 44 processor cores
- Up to 3 TB memory
- Up to 96TB storage built-in, with optional hardware RAID
- (2) Intel Xeon E5-2600v4 “Broadwell” CPUs (clock speed: 2.2 GHz to 3.5 GHz)
- Quad-Channel DDR4 2400 MHz / 2133 MHz ECC/Registered Memory (24 slots)
- (24) 2.5″ 12Gbps hot-swap drive bays (with optional upgrade to 48 bays)
- Eight PCI-Express 3.0 x16 double-width slots
- Four PLX 8747 PCI-Express 3.0 Switches (switched architecture)
- Two PCI-Express 3.0 x8 slots (physical x16)
- One PCI-Express 2.0 x4 slot (physical x16)
- Two integrated Intel i350 Gigabit Ethernet ports (10G optional)
- IPMI 2.0 with Dedicated LAN Support
- 3200W 2+2 Redundant, High-Efficiency Power Supply
- ConnectX-4 100Gb InfiniBand, ConnectX-3 56Gb InfiniBand, or 10G / 40G Ethernet
- Hardware RAID support
- TPM 2.0, with optional TXT support
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS Linux
- Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows Server 2012 R2
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your server(s) by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.
System Price: $12,000 to $60,000
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.