Ultra-Quiet Workstation for Demanding Applications
Designed from the ground up for ultimate customer satisfaction, Microway workstations have been used by researchers, manufacturers, and design professionals since the early 1990s. A typical WhisperStation™ configuration features ultra-quiet fans, internal soundproofing, AMD EPYC or Intel Xeon processors, NVIDIA® Quadro® Professional graphics and a quiet, high-efficiency power supply.
WhisperStation is available with Linux and/or Windows operating systems. It can be custom-configured to exact user specifications, including large memory, large storage, and software tools & libraries.
Need more compute power? Several WhisperStations can be linked together for a low priced, quiet HPC cluster with Microway Cluster Management Software (MCMS™).
- Quiet! Most configurations are barely audible when placed beside your desk.
- Up to 128 processor cores
- Up to 2 TB DDR4 memory
- Up to 72 TB storage built-in
- Fixed or hot-swap drive bays for hard drives and SSDs
- Up to 2 NVIDIA GPUs for display, visualization, or computation
- Energy-efficient. Compatible with standard home and office electrical outlets.
- Reliable! Customers commonly use WhisperStations for 5+ years.
- One or Two Processor Sockets:
- Intel Xeon Scalable Processors (clock speed: up to 3.8 GHz)
- “AMD EPYC“ CPUs (clock speed: up to 3.2 GHz)
- Six-Channel DDR4 2933Mhz ECC/Registered Memory for Xeon Scalable Processor configurations (16 slots, 12 DIMMs recommended)
- Eight-Channel DDR4 3200Mhz ECC/Registered Memory for AMD EPYC configurations (16 slots)
- Optional Professional Graphics with NVIDIA Quadro
- (4) Fixed or Hot-Swap 3.5″ 6Gbps drive bays
- NVMe SSDs available for OS and Scratch
- Up to seven PCI-Express devices
- Dual integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Removable Storage:
- CD, DVD Read / Write / Re-Write (optional Bluray)
- Front USB 2.0 ports and and rear USB 3.0 ports
- Optional eSATA, Thunderbolt
- High-efficiency 80 PLUS certified quiet power-supply
- NVIDIA GPUs with CUDA preinstalled
- Expand storage capacity up to 864 TB+
- UPS power backup and surge suppression
- 10/25/50/100G Ethernet, ConnectX-6 HDR 200Gb InfiniBand, or ConnectX-5 EDR 100Gb InfiniBand
- Multiple LCD Monitors, 4K Displays or 3D Displays
- Portland Group compilers (PGI)
- Intel compilers, libraries and tools
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your workstation by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.
System Price: $1,999 to $19,899
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.