Quiet “Knights Landing” Xeon Phi Workstation
Intel announced an EOL program for Xeon Phi Processors beginning on August 31, 2018. This system is considered EOL. Unless you are augmenting an existing Xeon Phi deployment, we recommend exploring our Xeon Scalable Processor-based solutions
WhisperStation – Xeon Phi is the quietest development workstation available for the Xeon Phi processor. Developers find this WhisperStation to be an excellent platform to adapt their applications to the Intel Many Integrated Core (MIC) architecture that powers Xeon Phi.
Xeon Phi offers a great balance of ease of use, performance, energy efficiency and cost in a solution optimized for highly-parallel x86 HPC workloads. Intel Parallel Studio XE developer tools, the standard for x86 CPU development, help enable rapid Xeon Phi performance.
Unlike previous versions of the Xeon Phi, which were coprocessors attached to a traditional CPU, the new “Knights Landing” Xeon Phi is a bootable processor. This single processor, providing up to 72 cores, acts as the central processor and as the many-core engine for high-performance applications. It includes built-in high-bandwidth memory and high-throughput access to main system memory.
- Up to 72 processor cores
- Up to 768 GB memory
- Xeon Phi “Knights Landing” Processor features:
- 16 GB high-performance MCDRAM memory
- Up to 72 x86 Cores @ 1.5Ghz
- Complete compatibility with traditional Intel Xeon CPU instructions
- Intel Parallel Studio XE installed and configured
- (1) Processor Socket with Intel Xeon Phi 7200-series Processor “Knights Landing” CPU (clock speed: up to 1.5 GHz)
- Six-Channel DDR4 2400 MHz ECC/Registered Memory (6 slots)
- Optional Professional Graphics with NVIDIA Quadro
- (6) Fixed 3.5” 6Gbps drive bays for 108 TB storage
- Up to three PCI-Express devices
- Dual integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Removable Storage:
- CD, DVD Read / Write / Re-Write (optional Bluray)
- Front and rear USB 3.0 ports (six ports total)
- High-efficiency 750W quiet power-supply
- Intel Parallel Studio XE compilers, libraries and tools
- 10G / 40G Ethernet or 100G Omni-Path
- Storage Expansions of 864 TB+
- Multiple LCD Monitors, 4K Displays or 3D Displays
- UPS power backup and surge suppression
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your workstation by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.
System Price: $11,500 to $20,000
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.