Purpose-built Appliance for Deep Learning, with Tesla V100 GPUs
As Deep Learning enters the mainstream, NVIDIA DGX-1 is uniquely positioned to provide the best performance when training neural networks and running production-scale classification workloads. To be successful, data scientists and artificial intelligence researchers require quick iterations of their neural network models. The NVIDIA DGX-1 delivers the fastest performance available in the world.
Each appliance arrives fully integrated with NVIDIA’s Deep Learning software stack, which includes:
- Industry-leading software frameworks: Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, & Torch
- Easy-to-use DIGITS web interface for training deep neural networks
- Optimized, GPU-Accelerated neural network algorithms from the cuDNN library
Additional frameworks and software updates will be released via NVIDIA’s online application repository.
Microway is an NVIDIA Elite Solution Provider and one of only a few resellers authorized to offer this product. The Deep Learning Appliance must be purchased with DGX-1 system support as part of a fully-integrated, turn-key system designed and supported by NVIDIA and Microway’s HPC experts.
- Arrives with fully-integrated Deep Learning libraries and frameworks
- Software stack includes:
- DIGITS training system
- NVIDIA Deep Learning SDK with CUDA 9.0 & cuDNN v5
- Cloud management software/services:
- NVIDIA Cluster Portal (cloud or onsite)
- Online application repository with the major deep learning frameworks
- NVDocker containerized app deployment
- Managed app container creation and deployment
- Multi-Node management with telemetry, monitoring and alerts
- 8 NVIDIA Tesla V100 “Volta” GPUs
- 40,960 NVIDIA CUDA cores, total
- Total of 128GB high-bandwidth GPU memory
- 60 TFLOPS double-precision, 120 TFLOPS single-precision, 960 TensorTFLOPS with Tesla V100’s new Tensor Unit
- NVIDIA-certified & supported software stack for Deep Learning workloads
- Two 20-core Intel Xeon E5-2698v4 CPUs
- 512GB DDR4 2133MHz System Memory
- Dual X540 10GbE Ethernet ports (10GBase-T RJ45 ports)
- Four Mellanox ConnectX-4 100Gbps EDR InfiniBand ports
- One Gigabit Ethernet management port
- Four 1.92TB SSD in RAID0 (High-Speed Storage Cache)
- 3U Rackmount Form Factor (for standard 19-inch rack)
- Redundant, Hot-Swap power supplies (four IEC C13 208V power connections on rear)
- Power Consumption: 3200W at full load
- Ubuntu Server Linux operating system
Please note that the ~35″ depth of this chassis (866mm) typically requires an extended-depth rackmount cabinet. Speak with one of our experts to determine if your existing rack is compatible.
- Onsite installation and integration by Microway’s HPC experts
- High-speed storage connectivity for data sets ranging from TeraBytes to PetaBytes in size
NVIDIA DGX-1 Part Numbers
920-22787-2510-000 – NVIDIA DGX-1 System for Commercial and Government institutions with Tesla V100 (also available with EDU Discounts)
920-22787-2500-000 – NVIDIA DGX-1 System for Commercial and Government institutions with Tesla P100
920-22787-25ED-000 – NVIDIA DGX-1 System for Academic institutions with Tesla P100
Microway offers installation and integration service. NVIDIA provides services for NVIDIA DGX-1 bundled software and hardware at two service levels: Warranty and Support.
NVIDIA DGX-1 support provides you with comprehensive system support and access to NVIDIA’s cloud management portal to get the most comprehensive services from your NVIDIA DGX-1 system. Streamline deep learning experimentation by leveraging containerized application management, launch jobs, monitor status and get software updates with NVIDIA cloud management.
|NVIDIA DGX-1 Warranty||NVIDIA DGX-1 Support|
|NVIDIA Cloud Management||✔|
|NVIDIA DGX-1 Software Upgrades||✔|
|NVIDIA DGX-1 Driver Updates||✔|
|NVIDIA DGX-1 Firmware Updates||✔|
|Hardware Support||1 year from purchase||1 or 3 year subscription|
|Hardware SLA (replacement parts shipped)||5 business days||1 business day|
|Online Access||NVIDIA Enterprise Support Portal||NVIDIA Enterprise Support Portal|
|Phone Hours||Business Hours (9am-5pm PST)||24×7|
What’s Included in NVIDIA DGX-1 Support
- Access to the latest software updates and upgrades
- Direct communication with NVIDIA technical experts
- NVIDIA cloud management: container repository, container management, job scheduling, and system performance monitoring and new software updates
- Searchable NVIDIA knowledge base with how-to articles, application notes and product documentation
- Rapid response and timely issue resolution through support portal and 24×7 phone access
- Lifecycle support for NVIDIA DGX-1 Deep Learning software
- Hardware support, firmware upgrades, diagnostics and remote and onsite resolution of hardware issues
- Next day shipment for replacement parts
System Price: $148,350 (includes 1 year support)+
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.
Call a Microway Sales Engineer for Assistance : 508.746.7341 or
Click Here to Request More Information.
HPC workloads on NVIDIA DGX-1
The DGX-1 system can also be leveraged by users in other fields – many HPC workloads are well-suited to this platform. The eight built-in NVIDIA Tesla GPUs offer significant increases in floating-point throughput and memory bandwidth, both of which are critical for performance-demanding HPC workloads.
Connectivity between system components has also been improved, which is of vital importance for HPC workloads. The Volta architecture’s support for completely unified memory allows all GPUs to directly access each other’s memory, as well as directly access the memory on the host CPUs. To support such capabilities, the DGX-1 provides robust links between all system components, as shown in the block diagram below. The eight GPUs are connected in a hybrid cube mesh.