Microway’s sales department is expanding. We are seeking an energetic, imaginative, and professional sales engineer to join our in-house sales team. BA in computer science or technical field, understanding of clusters, GPU computing, scientific applications, networking and storage are definite advantages for a successful applicant. You will speak directly with very high-end researchers, and attend up to 6 trade shows per year (e.g., Supercomputing, BioIT World, and other HPC-targeted conferences).
You will enjoy being exposed to the state-of-the-art scientific research and work our teams do in America’s home town. You will interact with world-famous scientists and researchers at universities and government labs.
The company was founded in 1982. Microway supercomputers and software have been used by some of the world’s most prestigious national labs, corporations and universities. Today the company specializes in designing GPU-enabled compute clusters and storage solutions for life sciences researchers, universities and corporations. Our company takes a team approach to sales, integration and tech support. Our sales team is very responsive to the needs of our customers, and tend to develop long standing relationships with them. This could explain why a huge percentage of our business comes from repeat clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field
- Minimum of 2 years selling computers or designing solutions for HPC clients. For those with less than the required experience we will train an interesting candidate.
- Great communications skills, both written and oral.
- Experience with online web/social media communications would be a plus.
- Ability to interact with internal engineering and product managers.
- Ability to negotiate bids and handle the complete sales process from initial contact to close.
- Successful track record of calling on and closing sales with researchers in academia and life sciences would be advantageous.
- Proficient in the English language; speaking and writing.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com
Working at Microway
Microway offers an attractive work environment 43 miles south of Boston and 20 miles north of Cape Cod. We have little traffic, clean air, a lovely oceanside environment all within commuting distance of Boston and Providence. Microway is a small business with a very large reputation for excellence. Woman owned and operated since 1982, our GSA Contract Number is GS-35F-0431N.
The position includes salary, bonuses and benefits.