Ultra-Quiet Workstation for Demanding Applications
Designed from the ground up for ultimate customer satisfaction, Microway workstations have been used by researchers, manufacturers, and design professionals since the early 1990s. A typical WhisperStation™ configuration features ultra-quiet fans, internal soundproofing, AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon processors, NVIDIA Quadro Professional graphics and a quiet, high-efficiency power supply. To accelerate performance, WhisperStation is compatible with NVIDIA Tesla GPU Compute Processors and Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors.
WhisperStation is available with 64-bit Linux and/or Windows operating systems. It can be custom-configured to exact user specifications, including large memory, large storage, and software tools & libraries.
Need more compute power? Several WhisperStations can be linked together for a low priced, quiet HPC cluster.
- Quiet! Most configurations are barely audible when placed beside your desk.
- Up to 32 processor cores
- Up to 512 GB memory
- Up to 16 TB storage built-in
- Fixed or hot-swap drive bays for hard drives and SSDs
- Up to 2 GPUs or coprocessors
- Energy-efficient. Compatible with standard home and office electrical outlets.
- Reliable! Customers commonly use WhisperStations for 5+ years.
- One or Two Processor Sockets:
- Intel Xeon E5-1600v2 or Intel Xeon E5-2600v2 “Ivy Bridge” CPUs(clock speed: up to 3.6 GHz)
- AMD Opteron 6300-series “Piledriver” CPUs (clock speed: 3.2 GHz to 3.5 GHz)
- Quad-Channel DDR3 1866MHz / 1600MHz ECC/Registered Memory (8 or 16 slots)
- Optional Professional Graphics with NVIDIA Quadro
- (4) Fixed or Hot-Swap 3.5″ 6Gbps drive bays
- Optional Hot-Swap 2.5″ 6Gbps drive bays
- Up to seven PCI-Express devices
- Dual integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Removable Storage:
- CD, DVD Read / Write / Re-Write (optional Bluray)
- Front and rear USB 2.0 ports (optional 3.0)
- Optional eSATA and Firewire
- 80 PLUS Gold certified quiet power-supply
- NVIDIA GPUs with CUDA preinstalled
- Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors with MPSS preinstalled
- Expand storage capacity up to 192 TB+
- UPS power backup and surge suppression
- 10G / 40G Ethernet or ConnectX-3 56G InfiniBand
- LCD Monitors and 3D Displays
- Portland Group compilers (PGI)
- Intel compilers, libraries and tools
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your workstation by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.
System Price: $1,999 to $9,999
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.