Large 8 Socket SMP with Optional Tesla GPUs. Up to 224 cores!
Large shared-memory SMPs are the dream of many HPC programmers and the ideal platform for memory-hungry enterprise applications.
For the ultimate in parallelism and throughput, our NumberSmasher 8 Socket SMP supports up to 8 Xeon Scalable Platinum Processors and up to 8 optional Tesla GPUs. Avoid the complexities of programming in multi-node distributed parallel MPI. Instead store your entire dataset in memory and write simpler code for a single-system.
Customers may also use NubmerSmasher 8 CPU SMP in lieu of a cluster—eliminating the complex administrative burdens of deploying small clusters. This can be of huge impact to smaller HPC groups without dedicated admins or trying to maximize time for science. This SMP just looks and feels like a big server!
- Up to 224 processor cores
- Up to 24 TB memory
- Single OS instance, single system to administer
- Up to 8 Tesla V100 or T4 GPUs for massively parallel computations
- NVIDIA CUDA SDK installed and configured when configured with GPUs- Ready to run CUDA jobs!
- (8) Processor Sockets with Intel Xeon Xeon Scalable Processor “Cascade Lake-SP” CPUs (clock speed: up to 3.8 GHz)
- Six-Channel DDR4 2933 Mhz ECC/Registered Memory (96 slots)
- (16) Hot-Swap 2.5” 6Gbps drive bays
- Up to sixteen PCI-Express 3.0 devices:
- Eight PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots (double-width for GPUs)or
- Sixteen PCI-Express 3.0 x16 single-width slots
- Additional slots for NVMe or InfiniBand/Ethernet
- Direct PCI-Express 3.0 links to CPUs (48 lanes per socket)
- IPMI 2.0 with Dedicated LAN Support
- 8000W of 3+2 Redundant High-Efficiency “Platinum” Power Supplies
- 10/25/50/100G Ethernet or ConnectX-5 EDR 100Gb InfiniBand
- Portland Group compilers (PGI)
- Intel compilers, libraries and tools
- UPS power backup and surge suppression
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your server(s) by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.
System Price: $62,600 to $483,700
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.