Many-Core Server with Large Memory, Storage and GPUs
Microway’s QuadPuter servers provide significant compute power, memory and storage within a single system. Whether used as a stand-alone server or part of a cluster, the Navion QuadPuter is the SMP server of choice for academic, commercial and government research labs.
Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) effectively combines several computers into a single server. Microway’s Navion QuadPuter provides four AMD Opteron processors on a single motherboard. This lowers inter-processor latency while increasing bandwidth, thereby improving the performance of fine-grained parallel applications (such as those using MPI or OpenMP).
Many of our customers use QuadPuter in lieu of a compute cluster, eliminating the administrative tasks required to keep a cluster running. These customers have been able to replace groups of older machines with a single QuadPuter. Users with demanding requirements have commissioned powerful, cost-effective compute clusters built from QuadPuter servers.
Our 2U QuadPuter is available with 64-bit Linux and/or Windows operating systems. Each is custom-configured to your exact specifications, including large memory, large storage, GPUs and high-speed networking. The larger expansion card area provides other possibilities, such as flash storage (SSD) or FPGAs.
Need more compute power? Any of our Navion servers can be linked together for a cost-effective HPC cluster.
- Up to 64 processor cores
- Up to 1 TB memory
- Up to 128 TB storage built-in
- Hot-Swap 3.5” drive bays for hard drives and SSDs
- Energy-efficient. High-efficiency power-supplies and auto-speed cooling fans.
- Reliable! Customers commonly use Microway servers for 5+ years.
- (4) Processor Sockets with AMD Opteron Opteron-6300 “Piledriver” CPUs (clock speed: 2.3 GHz to 3.5 GHz)
- Quad-Channel DDR3 1600 MHz / 1333 MHz ECC/Registered Memory (32 slots)
- (8) Hot-Swap 3.5” 6Gbps drive bays
- Four PCI-Express 2.0 x8 slots or Two PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots
- Optional Professional Graphics with NVIDIA Quadro
- Removable Storage:
- CD, DVD Read / Write / Re-Write (optional Bluray)
- Front and rear USB 2.0 ports
- Four integrated Intel 82580EB Gigabit Ethernet ports
- IPMI 2.0 with Dedicated LAN Support
- 1620W 1+1 Redundant High-Efficiency “Platinum” Power Supply
- NVIDIA GPUs with CUDA preinstalled
- Expand storage capacity up to 4.1 PB+
- UPS power backup and surge suppression
- 10G / 40G Ethernet or ConnectX 40G InfiniBand
- Portland Group compilers (PGI)
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your server(s) by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.
System Price: $5,499+
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.