Dense 4-Way Opteron 6300-series Server with Large Memory
Microway’s QuadPuter servers provide significant compute power, memory and storage within a single system. Whether used as a stand-alone server or part of a cluster, the Navion QuadPuter is the SMP server of choice for academic, commercial and government research labs.
Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) effectively combines several computers into a single server. Microway’s Navion QuadPuter provides four AMD Opteron processors on a single motherboard. This lowers inter-processor latency while increasing bandwidth, thereby improving the performance of fine-grained parallel applications (such as those using MPI or OpenMP).
Our 1U QuadPuter packs all this into a single low-cost server. Available with 64-bit Linux and/or Windows operating systems, each is custom-configured to your exact specifications, including large memory, storage and high-speed networking. Groups with demanding requirements can achieve a powerful, cost-effective compute cluster built from QuadPuter servers.
Need more compute power? Any of our Navion servers can be linked together for a cost-effective HPC cluster.
- Up to 64 processor cores
- Up to 1 TB memory
- Up to 48 TB storage built-in
- Hot-Swap 3.5” drive bays for hard drives and SSDs
- Energy-efficient. High-efficiency power-supplies and auto-speed cooling fans.
- Reliable! Customers commonly use Microway servers for 5+ years.
- (4) Processor Sockets with AMD Opteron Opteron-6300 “Piledriver” CPUs (clock speed: 2.3 GHz to 3.5 GHz)
- Quad-Channel DDR3 1600 MHz / 1333 MHz ECC/Registered Memory (32 slots)
- (3) Hot-Swap 3.5” 6Gbps drive bays
- One PCI-Express 2.0 x16 low-profile slot
- Removable Storage:
- CD, DVD Read / Write / Re-Write (optional Bluray)
- Front and rear USB 2.0 ports
- Dual Intel Gigabit Ethernet ports
- IPMI 2.0 with Dedicated LAN Support
- 1400W High-Efficiency Power Supply
- Expand storage capacity up to 4.1 PB+
- UPS power backup and surge suppression
- 10G / 40G Ethernet or ConnectX 40G InfiniBand
- Portland Group compilers (PGI)
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your server(s) by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.
System Price: $5,499+
Each Microway system is customized to your requirements. Final pricing depends upon configuration and any applicable educational or government discounts.