4-socket, GPU accelerated life sciences computational platform
A small cluster worth of compute power in the hands of every researcher
Bio-Research Accelerator places a small cluster’s worth of computational power in the hands of each life sciences researcher. Users gain the ability to hold 512GB or 1TB of a dataset entirely in memory for fast execution, to store 16TB of data on their individual machine, and to seamlessly execute on a GPU-enabled 40 core SMP. With the performance equivalent of a small cluster dedicated to the individual researcher, the Bio-Research Accelerator dramatically reduces time to solution.
Our NVIDIA Tesla-based systems outperform large clusters for many life sciences applications. Over 160 scientific applications leverage the power of the NVIDIA GPUs used in the Microway Bio-Research Accelerator.
- Molecular Dynamics: AMBER, NAMD, LAMMPS, Gromacs
- Sequencing and Genomics: BLAST-P, Smith-Waterman searches, SeqNFind, and more
- Computational Chemistry: TeraChem , MolPro, and GAMESS
- Materials Science: Quantum Espresso
- Visualization/Docking: FastROCS, VMD, Molegro Virtual Docker/CLC Drug Discovery Workbench
Locate your application with the NVIDIA Applications Catalog.
- 512GB of DDR3-1600 memory, upgradable to 1TB memory for larger datasets
- 40 compute cores from Intel Xeon CPUs: enough to replace a small cluster!
- Over 8 TFLOPS compute power from NVIDIA Tesla K40 and Quadro K6000 GPUs, each with 12GB of GPU memory
- Full visualization acceleration powered by NVIDIA Quadro—including 3D display support
- 16TB usable of RAID 10 local storage
- Mellanox 56Gb FDR InfiniBand/40GigEthernet link to connect to external storage resources
- Linux or Windows OS
- A unique combination of x86 SMP scale and massively parallel GPU performance for many applications
- Single-system configuration, as simple to utilize as any workstation
- Superior performance per watt compared to small clusters
- Plugs into a single 15A circuit
Please contact our Technical Sales Department to learn more about customizing the Bio-Research Accelerator to your needs.