Microway is a leader in the design and manufacture of systems used for High Performance Computing (HPC) applications including Deep Learning, research, simulation, data analysis and modeling by universities, government agencies and Fortune 500s. We have a passion for excellence that is reflected in both the quality of our products and the services we provide our customers.
We partner with Nvidia, Intel, IBM, Supermicro and Mellanox to deliver:
* Linux clusters ranging from hundreds to thousands of CPU cores
* Tesla GPU enabled compute systems for Deep Learning and Scientific Applications
* Petabytes of storage
* High-performance networks
We are seeking an HPC Professional with Linux Systems Administration experience and a programming background to join our Technical Innovations Group (TIG). We’re also interested in hearing from developers who may not know HPC, but have worked in DevOps and hyperscale settings (calling all SRE’s).
The Microway TIG defines new products, imagines new methodologies, and creates tools for improving the HPC User Experience. This team also designs, integrates and supports HPC clusters. Our systems incorporate IBM Power8 and Intel Xeon processors, NVIDIA Tesla GPUs, parallel storage, InfiniBand, accelerated graphics and Linux.
Job responsibilities include:
- Installing, testing and configuring HPC clusters/servers and software.
- Building and deploying open source and scientific applications software.
- Improving existing HPC software utilities/tools and implementing new tools.
- Diagnosing and resolving system operational problems quickly and effectively.
- Verifying full performance of system components including network and storage.
- Configuring workload management and scheduling systems.
- Coordinating with vendors to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Documenting system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks.
- Maintaining and monitoring the security of the HPC systems and servers.
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS or MS degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years Linux Sysadmin experience.
- Experience integrating systems or designing solutions for HPC workloads.
- Extensive knowledge of CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu Linux and Windows.
- Programming/Scripting capabilities in languages such as PHP, Python and C/C++.
- ZFS, Ceph, FhGFS/BeeGFS, GPFS, Lustre, and/or Panasas experience.
- Experience troubleshooting system problems – software and hardware.
- Experience maintaining and upgrading Linux kernel.
- Understanding of server system hardware and Linux system internals.
- Ability to build applications from source and troubleshoot compiling issues.
- Knowledge of parallel processing (problem decomposition and work distribution), parallel programming and computer architectures would be valuable.
- Experience with system management, monitoring/alerting tools.
- Understanding of Git, Github, or other version control system.
- Ability to interact with internal engineering, tech support and sales teams.
- Availability to travel for a limited number of on-site cluster system installations, maintenance or trade shows.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at Microway
Microway is a small woman owned business with over 34 years of service to the high performance computing community. Our employees enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, bonuses, medical and life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. All employees are US Citizens.
Located in Plymouth, Massachusetts, within 2 miles of the seacoast, Microway employees enjoy a clean, safe and scenic work environment.
At Microway, we believe humanity’s future depends upon the science running on HPC systems. Our clients are tackling some of the biggest challenges of all time: black hole simulations, space telescope design, understanding the brain, building better renewable energy supplies, and more.
Each day, our employees come to work knowing they have an opportunity to make a difference.
Join our innovative team and let’s make HPC better, faster, and easier!