NumberSmasher™ and Navion™ Compute Clusters
Flexible, Reliable, Cost-Effective HPC
Microway’s NumberSmasher and Navion clusters integrate the latest architectures and technologies to provide optimal performance for the lowest cost.
With over three decades of experience in HPC, our design, production, and integration teams ensure that your cluster arrives fully functioning and on time. We’re good listeners and take your design criteria seriously.
Clusters are designed, integrated and installed following collaboration between Microway’s technicians and your designated IT personnel. For those without dedicated IT facilities, Microway is pleased to offer guidance on industry best-practices.
Microway provides these fully-integrated clusters at very competitive prices. Users worldwide pushing the limits of technology in life sciences, universities, commercial and government research count on our expertise and attention to detail.
Microway HPC clusters are available with the following technologies:
Traditional CPU-Based Clusters
NumberSmasher clusters are powered by leading-edge Intel Xeon Scalable Processors. With industry-leading floating point, integer, and memory performance, Xeon CPUs are the building blocks of superior HPC. CONTINUE READING…
Navion clusters feature the AMD EPYC 7000-series 8, 16, and 32-core CPUs. Each Navion Compute Node provides large memory capacity, exceptional memory bandwidth, and extremely cost-effective performance. CONTINUE READING…
Clusters with Accelerators and Many-core Processors:
Clusters incorporating the latest NVIDIA “Pascal” Tesla P100, Tesla P40, and “Kepler” Tesla K80 GPUs. Our Tesla GPU-accelerated clusters offer unparalleled throughput on pre-ported applications, GPU-enabled libraries, or custom CUDA code. Available in a variety of GPU:CPU ratios. CONTINUE READING…
These clusters are designed for highly parallel applications executing on the Xeon Phi processor (built upon the Intel Many Integrated Core architecture). Xeon Phi processors provide scale-out x86 performance (72 cores, >3TFLOPS double) and are compatible with common Intel development tools. CONTINUE READING…
Call a Microway Sales Engineer for Assistance : 508.746.7341 or
Click Here to Request More Information.
We employ the fastest multi-core CPUs and multi-channel, error-correcting memory as a foundation for all of our high-performance systems. These guarantee the best performance for any application you or your users plan to execute.
Additional acceleration is available through integrated NVIDIA Tesla GPUs.
Large-capacity, high-bandwidth and low-latency storage systems are available integrated into any of our clusters.
Connections between systems enable the highest-bandwidth, lowest latency communication available through technologies including 100Gbps EDR InfiniBand, 40Gbps Ethernet and 100Gbps Intel Omni-Path.
Microway offers customized systems to fit any budget, and will gladly assemble a proposal to match your requirements. Your cluster’s design specifications and quotation will be prepared by our expert team. Depending on the complexity of your cluster, team members may include individuals with HPC programming, hardware design, technical sales, or HPC system administration expertise.
All Microway systems are cluster-ready. Any server or workstation model which matches your requirements is available in a customized cluster. Groups of quiet WhisperStation workstations are available as small in-office compute clusters.
The software and network configuration of your cluster may be specified by your group or prepared by our experienced integrators.
Our proposals include all necessary specifications for your facilities personnel to verify suitable power and cooling. Those without centralized IT may speak with a technical account manager to ensure painless delivery and installation of their new compute resources.
Microway clusters are integrated and thoroughly tested at our factory before shipment to your site.
- Each is shipped configured with the Linux distribution of your choice. Options include Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Scientific Linux, Ubuntu, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES), openSUSE, Debian and Gentoo. Microsoft Windows and Windows Server are also available.
- Cluster management and monitoring tools are installed, configured and tested. Options include:
- Microway Cluster Management Software (MCMS™)
- OpenHPC community building blocks for HPC systems
- Intel HPC Orchestrator
- Bright Cluster Manager
- Open-source or commercially-supported workload manager, including SLURM, Torque, MOAB, Univa Grid Engine, or PBS Pro
- MPI Link-Checker™ Fabric Validation verifies proper operation of all communication paths between systems.
- Cluster libraries and tools (such as BLAS, FFTW, MPI, Intel MKL, NVIDIA CUDA) are compiled, custom-integrated and tested.
- User-level applications and libraries are available pre-installed.
- Intel, Portland Group (PGI) and GNU compilers are available pre-installed.
- Multiple options for delivery and installation, depending upon the budget and requirements:
- Factory pre-wiring of the rackmount cabinets
- Factory pre-installation for the server rack rails
- White-glove delivery of fully-integrated cluster racks
- Onsite installation & training services
Supported for Life
Our technicians and sales staff consistently ensure that your entire experience with Microway is handled promptly, creatively, and professionally.
Telephone support is available for the lifetime of your cluster by Microway’s experienced technicians. After the initial warranty period, hardware warranties are offered on an annual basis. Out-of-warranty repairs are available on a time & materials basis.