We wish you a joyous and peaceful holiday season.
Thanks to those of you who viewed our presentations, read our news releases and saw our demonstrations at 3 different booths during SC08 in Austin, TX. An iPod Touch next generation music system was awarded in our booth visitor drawing.
SC08 Press Releases
- "Dell, IBM, Microway Unveil AMD Shanghai Servers" - INFORMATION WEEK Nov 13, 2008
We introduced 45nm Shanghai Processors in 1U Twin, 1U 4-way, and 4U 8-way servers. All with GigE and/or InfiniBand interconnects. We demonstrated these new Shanghai enabled Navion Servers in both AMD's and our booth!
- "Microway Launches WhisperStation-PSC™ Tesla Personal Supercomputer" - Press Release
A 2 to 3 TFLOPS workstation for desk side computations. We also demonstrated NVIDIA's S1070 1U quad GPU and C1060 compute processor.
SC08 Presentation by Stephen Fried, CTO, Microway
- "Measurement, Visualization, and Improvement of Linux Cluster Performance"
We presented our new Virtual Appliances - Microway's MPI Link-Checker™ and InfiniScope™ - for HPC interconnect validation, characterization and monitoring. This new release method enables Site Licensing, Service Provider Licensing, and Aggregated Cluster Licensing with unlimited virtual appliance terminals. HPC Service Providers can instrument their clusters and deliver InfiniScope recordings with the user's results.
Microway and Partners Demos
- Linux Journal covers Microway and our partner ScaleMP at Supercomputing 2008 - View Video Here
- GPU Library (Open Source or Commercial License)
Tech-X GPUlib has bindings for common analysis languages and environments, including MATLAB and IDL from ITT Visual Information Solutions. These accelerated functions fit easily into your existing analytical toolset.
- Mellanox - HPC Advisory Council
- QDR 40 Gbps InfiniBand Switches, HCAs and cables now shipping. Latency is measured to 1.2 us for a single switch system and Bandwidth to 3.3 GB/sec per port!
- Fiber Cables are available for longer InfiniBand reach (to over 100 meters).
- Microway is a member of the Mellanox HPC Advisory Council and participated on their SC08 panel.
- Next Generation Intel® Xeon Nehalem™ systems were demonstrated by our motherboard partners. We are shipping single socket workstations and servers now. Featuring a CPU-integrated memory controller, Intel's QuickPath™ Interconnect replaces the front-side bus and introduces a DDR3 memory interface. Dual socket systems will be available for Spring 2009 delivery - contact us for more information.
GPU Webinar Invitation
Microway and NVIDIA invite you to a GPU / CUDA Webinar on January 22nd, 2009.
Presenter: Sumit Gupta, Ph.D., Sr. Product Manager, Tesla GPU Computing.
Register NOW for a chance to win an NVIDIA® Tesla™ C1060 Computing Processor (valued at over $1600!)
One lucky participant will be chosen during the GPU Webinar!
Register for Webinar
For more information, please contact:
Bruce Schulman at 508-732-5520
Eliot Eshelman at 508-732-5534