Microway News Brief - December 2009
Supercomputing 2009 Report
Microway celebrated its 15th appearance at SC09 last month. Thanks to those of you who visited Microway at the conference. Attendees were very interested in our GPU compute clusters.
Our OctoPuter™ with eight NVIDIA Tesla C1060 GPUs was very popular. On this platform, we displayed a compelling demonstration of relative performance of GPUs vs CPUs using a simulation of electromagnetic wave propagation. This demo was provided by the GPU experts at Tech-X, a long time Microway customer.
We also exhibited our InfiniScope and Link-Checker diagnostic software running on a heterogeneous HPC cluster with multicore Intel and AMD processors. Our latest clusters are setting higher standards for performance-per-watt and performance-per-dollar. Finally, there was significant interest in Microway's new FasTree 36-port QDR InfiniBand switches.
If you have never attended a SuperComputing conference, we strongly recommend it. Microway will be exhibiting next year at SC 2010 in New Orleans. We hope to see you there.
Interviews from the Show Floor
We were interviewed by Linux Magazine and Tech Insight. Links to the videos will be posted to our home page when they are available.
Press Releases from SC09
Latest GPU News
NVIDIA Tesla Fermi Webinar
- Attend this webinar on December 16th 10am-11am PST to receive technical information on NVIDIA's new Fermi GPU architecture and the "Mad Science" promotion described below. Click here to register.
NVIDIA "Mad Science" Promotion
- Purchase C1060 or S1070 before January 31st, receive a rebate toward your next-generation Fermi, and be added to the priority delivery list.
- Pre-order Fermi GPUs before January 31st - pay when Fermi is released in Q2.
- Educational institutions receive up to 35% off MSRP if the order is placed before December 31st.
- Perfect for WhisperStation-Tesla PSC and Microway Tesla Clusters.
Low-Cost, High-Performance GPU Development with OpenCL
- Special Offer: WhisperStation for OpenCL Development only $2400. Expires January 15th.
Microway is offering a post-SC09 special on our Ultra-Quiet WhisperStation for OpenCL development. Fully-integrated with Linux, OpenCL, and AMD Stream SDK, this WhisperStation provides 3 TFLOPS performance with a Six-Core Opteron processor, 8 GB memory and Radeon HD 5870 GPU. Get Started with OpenCL
- Parallelize your code across x86 CPUs and GPUs using the industry-standard OpenCL API.
- Take advantage of the world's fastest CPUs and GPUs: Intel, AMD or NVIDIA.
InfiniBand Fabric Whitepaper Coming Soon
- Look for our whitepaper later this month on designing and simulating InfiniBand fabric topologies to reduce costs and increase performance.
- We are experts in HPC cluster fabrics and deliver exceptional performance through balanced, cost-effective designs. Consult with us before building your next cluster. Your best advice will come from Microway's experienced engineers - we guarantee it.
New Microway Cluster and Workstation Products
- Microway platforms can now be ordered with 2 TB hard drives. Double your storage capacity without increasing your physical or electrical footprint.
- WhisperStation-VIZ for 3D visualization provides stunning visuals to researchers, engineers and gamers. WhisperStation-VIZ is a complete solution for experiencing Stereoscopic 3D in high definition, full color fidelity, and incredible depth. Configurable with up to two Quad- or Six-Core processors, 72 GB memory, 8 TB storage, high-efficiency 1000 Watt power supply, 120Hz monitor and NVIDIA 3D Vision Kit.
- WhisperStation-OpenCL low-cost, fully-integrated workstations for OpenCL development on any GPU.
Please remember that any WhisperStations needed by the end of the year must be ordered as soon as possible. Microway will be closed on December 25th and January 1st.