Microway® HPC Times - October 2009
Visit us at Supercomputing 2009 in Booth 434. Microway will be demonstrating more powerful solutions for high-throughput computing with GPUs, multicore CPUs, InfiniBand, advanced server cooling, and cluster software tools. Microway-engineered InfiniBand products include 36-port QDR FasTree Switches, ConnectX TriCom HCAs with 1 microsecond latency, MPI Link-Checker network performance validation and InfiniScope real-time InfiniBand analysis and diagnostic software. We will also be in AMD's Booth #1417 showing Fiorano products with Six-Core Opteron processors and a 2U server with four ATI GPUs. Register for a FREE SC09 Expo Pass
Microway Customer Projects
- Microway HPC customers are taking advantage of our GPU compute clusters based on the Six-Core AMD Opteron and Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5500 system designs. Custom configurations have been delivered recently to many institutions including Harvard University, Texas A&M University, Johns Hopkins University, University of Arizona, Northwestern University, Georgia Institute of Technology, and US government research labs.
- GPU Developers are improving application performance with our WhisperStation-Tesla PSC. For modest budgets, a WhisperStation with up to four GPUs can provide more TFLOPS than a traditional compute cluster. For example, AMBER on a Tesla GPU runs 9 times faster than a dual-socket Quad-Core Xeon node. Optimize your GPU code on WhisperStation; then scale up to a custom-configured Tesla GPU cluster.
Trade Show Recap
- NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference (GTC): Microway demonstrated the WhisperStation-Tesla PSC for GPU development. A single Tesla GPU can provide up to 1000x speedup vs standard processors.
- HPC on Wall Street: Microway's booth showcased NVIDIA's Tesla S1070 GPU compute servers for use in the financial markets. Our WhisperStation-Tesla PSC accelerated MATLAB applications using GPUs with AccelerEyes Jacket.
GPU Programming Updates
- Online Resources: There are many technical resources for learning more about GPU computing. For example, Seismic Processing with CUDA.
- OpenCL downloads are now available from NVIDIA and AMD.
Visit Terri, Brett, Rick, Mike, Steve and Ann in Portland at Booth #434. See our 4U GPU server with 2 Intel Xeon processors and 8 Teslas and other products mentioned above. We all look forward to visiting with you in Portland.